Happy Presidents Day!
With so many legendary leaders in American political history, the W&L Law Library has compiled a new display of biographies and scholarly examinations of presidents of the United States of America. We highlight several of the most interesting and inspiring portraits of these remarkable men and the top office they held, also linked below to WorldCat where you can find them at a library near you.
Hail to the chief, and happy reading!
- Abraham Lincoln’s Religion: The Case for His Ultimate Belief in a Personal, Sovereign God (2012), by Samuel Calhoun and Lucas Morel
- All the President’s Men (1974), by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
- American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House (2008), by Jon Meacham
- The Defining Moment: FDR’s Hundred Days and the Triumph of Hope (2006), by Jonathan Alter
- Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance (2004), by Barack Obama
- Eisenhower: A Soldier’s Life (2002), by Carlo D’Este
- Friends Divided: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson (2017), by Gordon S. Wood
- Impeachment: An American History (2018), by Jeffrey A. Engel, Jon Meacham, Timothy Naftali, and Peter Baker
- James Madison: The Founding Father (1987), by Robert Allen Rutland
- John Adams (2001), by David McCullough
- The Moralist: Woodrow Wilson and the World He Made (2018), by Patricia O’Toole
- Rise to Greatness: Abraham Lincoln and America’s Most Perilous Year (2012), by David von Drehle
- Ronald Reagan: An Intellectual Biography (2018), by David T. Byrne
- A Thousand Days: John F. Kennedy in the White House (1965), by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
- Tryal of George Washington … for Practising High Treason (1991), by Lord Bridge of Harwich, et al.
- When Trumpets Call: Theodore Roosevelt after the White House (2005), by Patricia O’Toole