Sign up today to attend W&L Law Library’s Spring Into Summer Success Legal Research Certification, Saturday, March 16, from 9:00am to 1:00pm in Classroom A. Open to all 1L, 2L, and 3Ls – lunch provided.
You’ll learn expert tips and strategies from librarians and lawyers to help you succeed this summer and beyond. Instructional sessions taught by our W&L Law librarians will cover legal research methods and resources useful for firm, court, public interest, and government jobs, including specialized practice materials, news and awareness, litigation and transactional resources, and more. Efficient use of Lexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law is also a focus.
The program includes panel discussions and presentations with insights on legal research and professional success from experienced practitioners and instructors:
- Ian Huyett ’18L, Judicial Law Clerk, Augusta Co. Circuit Court
- Sills O’Keefe ’18L, Mann Vita & Elrod LLC
- Lorna Port ’14L, Ass’t Commonwealth’s Attorney, Augusta Co.
- Profs. Christensen, Mart-Rice & Runge, W&L Law Library
- Jesse Butler, Bloomberg BNA
- Sabrina Chester ’13L, LexisNexis
- Denise Stewart, Westlaw/Thomson Reuters
All attendees will earn a Certificate in Legal Research to add to your credentials and show value to employers.
Please email Prof. Andrew Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.